Star for Life is hiring a Monitoring & Evaluation Officer placed in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Position: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Employment Type: 3-year renewable contract
Placement: Johannesburg (1)
Closing Date: 23 February 2023
Star for Life is a non-profit organisation with the mission to inspire young people to value learning, acquire the knowledge and skills they need for productive work, and live healthy and meaningful lives. Star for Life has developed a unique set of programmes and workshops that we are currently running in 102 in South Africa and Namibia to add value to the regular Life Orientation curriculum. Our method empowers learners with self-esteem to adopt positive attitudes and constructive behaviours.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer will assist the M&E Manager with the design, coordination and implementation of monitoring and evaluation in Star for Life.
The M&E Officer will implement the systematic monitoring framework to improve the qualitative and quantitative evidence gathered by the organisation.
- Maintain and administer the monitoring and evaluation database.
- Support the organization progress reporting.
- Plan, prepare and carry out data collection and capturing.
- Ensure understanding of monitoring and evaluation theory and practice
- amongst implementation staff.
- Support the project teams in conducting baseline surveys and research.
- Assist the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager in ensuring overall indicator
- design aligns with the programme and organization strategic goals, and
- indicators are realistic, measurable and targets reflect intended outcomes.
- Ensure that Star for Life’s data collection is regularly backed up on the server
- and safe from theft or computer breakdown.
- Assist with compiling and submitting data and reports to partners and funders.
- Present findings to staff.
- Capacitate Star for Life staff in efficient usage of the monitoring and
- evaluation tools.
- Matric /Grade 12 +Degree in Social Science plus a Certificate in Monitoring &
- At least two years’ experience in a similar or related position.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Computer Skills and Excel skills are essential.
Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies
- Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-
- oriented environment.
- Basic understanding and knowledge of the NGO sector in South Africa
- Fluency in English and isiZulu
- Ability to work independently without close supervision.
- All personal information collected is processed lawfully in terms of the
- Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA).
- Should no feedback be received within two weeks of the closing date, kindly
- accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to reference and credential checks.
- Star for Life reserves the right to not fill this position.
To apply for the above position, submit a CV, relevant qualifications and motivationletter to: Email email@example.com