Position: Life Skills Coach
Placement: Hluhluwe Office-uMkhanyakude District Schools
Employment: Three-year renewable contract depending on Funding availability
Closing Date: 15 July 2022
Star for Life is a non-profit organization with the mission to inspire young people to value learning, acquire the knowledge and skills they need for productive work, and live healthy and meaningful lives. Star for Life has developed a unique set of programmes, we are currently running in Schools in South Africa and Namibia, reaching thousands of learners. Our method empowers learners with self-esteem and internal incentives to adopt positive attitudes and constructive behaviors.
Life Skills Coach
The Life Skills Coach will be based in schools with the purpose of providing support to learners through structured programs and consultations in assisting the learners to achieve their dreams.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement a prescribed Star for Life program in schools to motivate the learners to value their learning and build their self-esteem.
- Performing the following duties but not limited to:
- Classroom sessions for learners.
- Learner workshops.
- Organise, in collaboration with other stakeholders, Awareness Campaigns in schools and surrounding communities.
- Provide individual and or group consultations to learners
- Four-year Bachelor of Social Work Degree
- Registration with the South African Council for Social Services Professions
- Must be in possession of a Valid driver’s licence
- Fluency in English and an area of vernacular language.
- Self-driven and highly motivated young person
- Strong values and principles
- Demonstrate a positive and friendly attitude
- Report writing skills are essential.
For more information contact: Ms. Sharon Mbambo (035) 753 1209.
Should no feedback be received within two weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application was not successful.